These are optional books and resources that you may find helpful. Disclaimer: Not all resources and books are good fits for all clients.
Under Construction .....
- Teaching the Tiger Book
- Additude Magazine and website. additude.org
- National Resource Centre for ADHD - a Program of CHADD [email protected]
- Driven by Distraction
- Understanding Your Brain, Get More done: The ADHD Executive Functions Workbook
- The Anger Workbook
- Helping Your Angry Child
- The Gift of Anger
- You Can't Make Me Angry
- The Anxiety Cure for Kids
- The Troubled Worrier
- Autism Society
- Parkaire Consultants
- 12 Stone Church has 13 week programs for parents with blended families. Highly recommended.
- The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love & Wisdon - Buddha's Brain
- Divorce recovery groups in local church's. Methodist Church call it Rainbow groups for Children. They often also have adult programs.
- Family Secrets
- The Shame Based Family
- Virtuous Living
- Dying Well
- Living in Hope
- Many of the Methodist and Baptist Churchs, along with 12 Stone Church and Perimeter Church offer grief groups
- Overcoming Compulsive Hoarding
- The Explosive Child
- Boundaries with Kids
- Boundaries with Teens
- Creating Love
- The Love Dare
- Love and Respect
- Love is a Choice
- Getting the Love You Want
- A Gift to Myself
- You Can Health Your Life
- The Road Less Traveled
- Meaning of Life
- Virtuous Living
- Bodily Harm
- Groups at Parkaire Consultants in Roswell
- Families Anonymous: familiesanonymous.org Website for those who have loved ones with drug or alcohol problems. There are meetings and blogs, in addition to literature to assist you.
- Sober24. An online resource for those struggling with drug/alcohol addiction. It allows for on line blogging, resources, book clubs where you will meet with the authors and you have an ability to have thoughts for the day be sent to you.
- MORE apps for smartphones
- Hazelden.org. They have monthly book clubs with authoris on SA.
- Daily meditation: Big Book, [email protected]
- Celebrate Recovery for those who have loved ones with Drug/Alcohol/Addiction Issues
- The Gentle Path/Steps to the 12 steps
- AA/NA meetings, Alanon/Naranon Meetings, Family Anonymous Groups throughout GA
- Behind the Broken Image
- Teens Under the Influence
- Paths to Recovery
- Lois Remembers
- How Alanon Works
- The Language of Letting Go
- The Courage to Heal by Laura Davis
- The Wounded Child
- Healting the Shame that Binds You
- Home Coming
- The Trauma Spectrum
- Healing Memories
- Books by John Bradshaw
Ridgeview Institute for IP/PHP/IOP/Halfway house for child/adolelscents/young adults and adults for MH and SA issues. 770-434-4567
Insight: Substance abuse progam for young adults and adolescents. Also offers IOP, Intensive Outpatient Programs.
Skyland Trail has an RTC for MH issues
Anchor Hospital for SA issues
Talbot Recovery through Peachford Hospital
Tanner has an IOP program for SA treatment
Penfield Christian Homes. For young adult and adult males who need long term help for SA issues. It is a 6 week program for under $3,000.00
MARR. Treatment for male and female young adults and adults with Substance Abuse issues. They have various levels of care here in GA.
Recovery Residences: You need to interview each of them for some do not have a lot of structure, some do. Alpha, Safety Net, Hope Homes, Purple Inc.,
No Longer Bound
Dr. Sheth in Lawrenceville 770-277-6725 (PALS)
Dr. Kim Yong, Family Medicine of Snellville, Snellville, GA 770-638-1401 Our desire is to be Christian and family-oriented and to serve you for life, not a one-time visit but continual care for healthier living. Our mission is to be a ministry that happens to be a business. May not be taking new clients.
Adults/Children/Adolescents: Dr. Arun Pol in Johns Creek 770-623-8830
Child/Adolescents:Dr. Jagan Chilikamarri in Roswell 770-992-2778 (self pay)
Child/Adolescents. Dr. Attalla in Smyrna
Teens/Adults: Dr. Sunita Gupta in Alpharetta
Adults: Dr. Makim in Lawrenceville
Adults: Dr. James Vargo in Smyrna
Adults: Dr. Aleem and Dr. Banov in Roswell/Smyrna offices
Please call your insurance company to find out so many other options for treatment as well. Not all MD's listed are on insurance panels and does not guarantee they will be a good fit for you.